Jr. NBA Coach of the Year Program
The Timberwolves & Lynx Basketball Academy - Jr. NBA Coach of the Year (COY) program is designed to recognize and celebrate youth basketball coaches in NBA team markets that demonstrate outstanding integrity, character, and leadership – and in doing so have extraordinary impact on young people on and off the court. Minnesota is home to some of the finest youth basketball coaches in the country. Help us honor and recognize them by nominating coach that you have admired or your child’s coach for this prestigious award.
The Timberwolves & Lynx Basketball Academy - Jr. NBA COY winner will receive four (4) lower level tickets and be recognized in the arena during a 2016-17 Timberwolves game, be interviewed on the Timberwolves pregame radio show, will be given an Academy prize pack, a 2016-17 Timberwolves team signed basketball, a commemorative plaque and other exclusive prizes.
They will also be automatically entered into the national selection process. The top 3 national finalists will each be awarded a $2,500 grant to support their local youth basketball organizations. The national Jr. NBA COY winner will be selected from among the 3 finalists and will receive an additional $2,500 grant, as well as an all-expense paid trip to New York to be honored on a national stage at the first-ever NBA Awards Show on June 26, 2017.
National Selection Process (March 15- June 26)
• Positive Coaching Alliance and Jr. NBA will conduct a screening process to narrow the pool of local winners to eight (8) national semi-finalists
• Screening process may consist of phone interviews and reference checks
• From round of 8, a Blue Ribbon panel of judges, along with a fan vote via social media, will determine the top 3 finalists and national Jr. NBA COY Winner
• The national Jr. NBA COY winner will be announced with a press release and be recognized at the NBA Awards Show
• Team Youth Basketball contacts will be notified in advance should their local winners advance to the semi-finalist and finalist rounds